The answers to questions 1-5 (see previous post) are 1.b; 2.c; 3.a; 4.c; 5.c
- What percentage of people age 5+ in South Carolina speak a language other than English at home?
- Where does South Carolina rank in the economic well-being of children? (1 is good, 50 is bad.)
- Based on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines that no more than 30% of a household’s income should go toward rent/mortgage, a South Carolina worker earning minimum wage ($7.25 an hour) can afford rent of:
- a.$377 a month
- b.$402 a month
- c.$539 a month
NOTE: The fair market rate (FMR) for a two-bedroom apartment in South Carolina (2012) was $746.
- Using the HUD standard that no more than 30% of a household’s income should go toward rent, what is the hourly wage needed to afford a two-bedroom apartment in South Carolina at the FMR?
- For every 100 deeply low income households in South Carolina, how many housing units are affordable and available?
NOTE: Deeply low income (DLI) is defined as households with income at or below 15% of the Average Median Income AMI. In SC that amount is $44,779.)