- August 2: GHS Pediatric Residents
- August 8: Cherry Bekaert Accounting Firm
Please contact me to schedule a tour.
- August 7: Poverty simulation for first year medical students at GHS USC Medical University
- August 14: Poverty simulation for first year medical students at GHS USC Medical University
- August 17: Poverty simulation for Monaview Elementary
- August 26: Poverty simulation for Junior League Leadership Conference in Columbia
- September 1: Poverty simulation for Americorps members
- September 11: Poverty simulation for Furman Health Sciences students
Please contact me to schedule a simulation.
Beth’s Workshops, Retreats, and Preaching
- August 6: Sunday School Class speaker at First Baptist Church
- August 15: Understanding Poverty in the Classroom: Greenville Middle School
- September 17: Preaching at Fourth Presbyterian Church in Greenville
- September 24: Preaching at Providence Presbyterian Church in Powdersville
Beth’s Book Signings and Conversations
School personnel find that Understanding Poverty in the Classroom is a great book to read and discuss together.
Several women’s groups have used Conversations on the Porch or More Conversations on the Porch for their year long study and discussion. Sunday School classes and missions committees have used Loving Our Neighbor a as part of their working together.
Buncombe Street UMC uses Angelika’s Journal with their Sprouts group (4th and 5th graders.) Here’s what their leader, Gayle Quay said about the experience: “Just wanted you to know that the Sprouts are loving your book. We are using it during Covenant time doing a week at a time. The leaders said they really related to it Sunday night which was our first night. Thanks for the suggestion, I’m so excited to find something they can relate to.” School personnel and church study groups have also found this book easy to relate to and impactful in their learning about homelessness and poverty.
All books are available online and at Fiction Addiction behind Haywood Mall.
A Coat Named Mr. Spot and Angelika’s Journal are available at avenidabooks.com.
Refrigerator Prayers for Ordinary People is available at https://www.createspace.com/4906363
You can always contact me if you want to purchase any books.
Contact me for a book reading or signing for any of my books.
I’m scheduling into the rest of 2017 and early 2018. If you would like to be added to my schedule, please click here to contact me or call (864) 380-6023.