Answers to questions 6-10: 6.a; 7.c; 8.a; 9.b; 10.c
- 11. Which of the following items may be purchased with food stamps? (You may choose more than one answer.)
- a. Diapers
- b. Comet cleanser
- c. Toothpaste
- d. Cigarettes
- e. Fried chicken from the deli
- 12.What is the average monthly payment which a typical Supplemental Security Income (SSI) individual receives in South Carolina?
- a. $733
- b. $814
- c. $942
- 13.Where does South Carolina rank in the nation for food insecurity? (1 is bad, 50 is good.)
- a. 15th
- b. 21th
- c. 26th
NOTE: Food insecurity means: “Consistent access to adequate food is limited by a lack of money and other resources at times during the year.”
- 14. What is the total direct and indirect cost in 2006 in North Carolina of substandard housing?
- a. $11.8 million
- b. $47.3 million
- c. $82.4 million
- 15. What was the percentage of children in South Carolina under 18 who were living in extreme poverty in 2010?
- a. 11.5%
- b. 13 %
- c. 17.9%
NOTE: Extreme poverty is defined as 50% or less of the poverty line.